Hi Guys! So, I know I mostly write about beauty and fashion, but I thought I would do something a little bit different today! I was born and raised in San Antonio, where they have delicious Mexican food. I make this soup for my family, and they love it, even my 2 year old! This recipe reminds me of the food in San Antonio, and I think you guys will like it!
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
2 cups shredded chicken
2 cans chicken broth
1 can tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
1 cup corn
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 cup onions
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tbsp cumin
shredded colby jack cheese and tortilla strips for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place two chicken breasts on a cookie sheet (I line the pan with foil) and bake them in the oven until the juices run clear (about 30 min) at 325 degrees.
2. After the chicken has baked and cooled, take a fork and shred the chicken into bite sized pieces.
3. Put shredded chicken into a large soup pot and add the chicken broth and Rotel. I like to use a food processor and blend up the Rotel until it has the consistency of salsa.
4. Add the corn and garlic. I use a garlic press to get the garlic chopped up really small.
5. Chop up your cilantro and onions and add them in. If you don’t like onions, you can chop them into big slices, and remove them after they are done cooking, that way you will still get the onion flavor.
6. Add the lime juice and cumin, and stir everything together.
7. Bring everything to a boil , and let simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Garnish with cheese and tortilla strips.
This soup tastes even better the next day! I hope yall enjoyed this recipe, and let me know if you try it!
Have a great day, and thanks for reading!